Friday, 10 March 2017

Five On Friday

Hello everyone!

This week I feel as though I have mostly hidden away and I don't know what I have done.  Then I started making a list and realised that I had done more than I though.  I just haven't kept a note of it or taken any photos to illustrate anything.

Some reading, going to my walking group - which isn't proving to be as chatty or welcoming as I hoped it would be, although I have spoken to some lovely people, but I am finding it hard to "get in" if you know what I mean.  I also had a day at Basildon Park and - finally! - got awarded my 5 year service badge which is funny as I am now into my 7th year there.  Better late than never though.  I also reduced the height of a hedge in our garden.  We went to London to the new Hockney exhibition and spent more time looking at the Turner's than the Hockney's.  I will share more of that in some future Paint Monthly posts.  A visit to the dentists which wasn't fun, a quote to replace our garden fence which was horrifyingly expensive but needs to be done before the fence actually collapses into next doors garden.  A few other things too.

So I guess that I did more than I think, but somehow I still have a list of the things that I haven't done.  Paperwork for the tax man, housework, visiting your five on Friday posts - an epic fail for which I am extremely sorry, updating/making my new bullet journaling that I want to do so that I can keep track of and see what I have actually done, knitting as my sock is still a WIP, writing blog posts, and oh, you know 1000 other things.

That all sounds really depressing doesn't it, but it is how my mind is right now.  I am trying to travel hopefully though and hope that someday I will wake up and realise that I feel and am acting and being normal again without thinking about it.  It will come, right?

As for Five On Friday, well, I had grand plans for some sort of summing up as next week will be my last week of hosting and I know that next week I am really busy so instead Five On Friday might just slide of the radar in a quiet kind of way.  That is OK because it is heading off to pastures new so it doesn't need to worry about where it has been, it is off somewhere new!  Oh, and in case you have missed the changes you can find out more here.  Instead I will just remind you that next week is the last time I will be hosting and from the week after Tricky and Carly will be taking over as the new hosts.

For Five On Friday, because I have to have five things and because I have been looking back through my photos thinking that I need to do something with them, here are five random shots that I just like!






Thank you friends for bearing with me, I hope you have a great weekend, that you get to do fun things and that all is good in your life.  Love someone close to you and remember, be just a little kinder than you need to be!

Amy

27 comments:

  1. I love your photos, especially that first one with the watches. You've been a great host - don't worry about a grand finale. It's been grand all along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    You certainly accomplished a lot this week!
    I feel as if I haven't...
    But we have the weekend to get caught up.
    Just bills and things around the house.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Stay cozy. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun five, Amy. You are getting used to a new reality and it all takes time. Be kind to yourself. You're doing great! Congrats on the 5 year award (after 7 years!) Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the antique watches and the hotrod. The daffodils look beautiful too, I haven't seen any out here yet so I do hope they have them here

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is certainly a medley of different subjects & actually very interesting. It gives us insight into what you like, all sorts of things appeal, & to be photographed. I'll miss you doing F on F, but we all move ahead to different challenges. Your week doesn't sound unlike mine, (I blogged too), with knowing that I thought, "I've done nothing", then realising that we'd packed in quite a lot, but just didn't feel I'd made much headway on one particular bit. Have a good weekend & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy! Life is just so busy I can sympathise with you as it seems harder and harder to fit everything in!
    We are getting around to putting in a new fence along our back garden but thankfully it isn't too long.
    Five great photos and daffodils always cheer me up!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its funny how we can think nothing has happened and then when you make a list there were a pile of things! You sound to have been very busy and congratulations on the 5 year award, 2 years late. I love the daffodils and the vase they are in - a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos Amy!

    There are many weeks that I think I haven't done a lot. I seem to get sidetracked a lot too - this week was a book that 'kept' me from doing things I meant to do. It will take a while to get back into your groove. Sorry you're having trouble getting 'in' to the walking group. I tend to feel like that a lot so don't seem to get out as much as I probably could. Good for you for keeping going. I expect that, after a while, things will work out fine.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the daffs in the jug. I think we all have weeks when we feel we haven't done much of value despite zooming about. Hang on in there my friend! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes life just does feel like that....but you will come through this time and feel ok again. Your jug of daffodils is so lovely and cheerful. I hope as the spring arrives you will feel happy and fulfilled again Amy.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those weeks when you think you've done nothing are always a bit strange - they happen more in Winter I think. I love your second photo - is that a whin bush? You've done a splendid job of bringing a lot of new people into all of our lives with the Five on Friday - thank you for that - enjoy the new pastures :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the 5-year badge! Are you sure it doesn't just FEEL like 7 years? I'm sorry to hear the walking group isn't welcoming you as well as you had hoped. You need to start your own walking group with like-minded crafty people, then you would have loads to talk about ;) You have some nice random shots there. I like the glass(?) tubular thingy. It's snowing a blizzard here this evening, but I'm sure it won't last (fingers crossed), and it's -12C with windchill making it feel like -20C. I thought we were getting too much spring weather too quickly! Hope your weekend is warmer and greener than ours. Hugs to you my friend,
    Wendy xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful daffodils! I am always busy too, and always days behind on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I nearly missed this post as it's not linked in yet but I see everyone else has spotted it! When you look back over the week, sometimes it's surprising what you've actually accomplished. I expect we'll be spending a lot more time in the garden soon as we've had some bright sunny days. I'm glad Basildon Park have recognised all your work. Have a good week. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are doing well - cheery daffodils and the summer ahead will be a boost, I'm sure! You can be very proud of all you have achieved with 5 on Friday, so you can be pleased it will continue to thrive , no need for a great send off as we will all meet up there when we can :)
    We got as far as Grey Court this week, but unfortunately will run out of time for Basildon Park, but there is always next visit!!
    Have a great weekend
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pictures. Daffs are such cheery blooms, aren't they? Oh, I know so well that wondering about what's been achieved. I've even been known to add something I've done to the to-do list, just so I can tick it off. How bonkers is that?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello,Amy.
    I like all of your photos and I am interested in antiques. Those old watches.
    Thank you for your great efforts as a host of Five on Friday. I am an occasional visitor, but thanks to you I have many new friends. I want to say thank you,Amy.Sorry, English is another language for me. I am always a late visitor. Looking forward to visiting you again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you have had a busy week. I haven't managed to link up to. Five on Friday post for ages as I never seem organised in time. I do enjoy reading them though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Amy. I've just had a very long overdue catch up here and I was sorry to read about the death of your father-in-law - it must be a very sad and challenging time for you and your husband, It sounds like life is changing and shifting for you at the moment but I love your spirit and the way you are facing what lies ahead. Also - love those gorgeous daffs in that sunny yellow vase. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Life is so busy isn't it? Hope you are doing well Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Amy :)

    Sometimes life can get so busy that you don't even realize how busy you are, if that makes sense lol Anyway, I hope you're doing well, my friend.

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Amy...
    Home from Florida, just in time for an epic snowstorm! Good grief!
    Hope you are well...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Amy! Catching up as I didn't realized I missed your 5 last week. I was too busy getting ready for a hockey trip weekend. Lol! Love your fun random photos! Especially that cool spiky plant. ;)

    I"m sorry your walking group isn't working out as you'd hoped. Maybe a bit more time will show it improves? HOw wonderful to get your badge and it's so cool that you've helped there that long!

    Blessings on the rest of your week Hon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Amy, well I think it's wonderful that amid all your busyness, you were awarded something that shows great accomplishment! Kudos!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Amy,
    So glad I'm finally managing to join in with the Five on Friday posts, and I hope you'll still be joining in when Tricky and I start hosting. Your blog is lovely, I'm going to find some time to sit down with a cup of coffee and have a read through. Your daffodils looks beautiful, I love yellow, such a happy colour :)
    Carly x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Finally getting around. What a nice variety of photos and each one interesting an unique. The green plant is pretty amazing and the daffodils are so vibrant in their color. The old truck--something to smile about. Thanks for hosting all this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx