Wednesday, 11 January 2017

12 Days of Christmas Swap

Once again the lovely Jo of Through The Keyhole hosted her 12 days of Christmas swap for us all to join in and of course I had to sign up having had great fun with this in 2015.  The idea is that you swap 12 gifts with someone to open on each of the 12 days of Christmas.

I was partnered with Mary from Frugally Challenged this year and was sent some really lovely things which I will show you in a moment.  I have to confess that she also sent me a lovely little box of Belgian chocolates, some chocolate money and a sugar mouse which were all eaten before Christmas - and not photographed!  She also sent me a lovely Belgian lace Christmas Tree shaped decoration which I have also forgotten to photograph and have now put away.  They were all really lovely though!  Thank you so much Mary!

I did remember to photograph the other things though and these are the lovely things - along with another very kind little extra that Mary sneaked into the parcel.  A beautiful handmade quilted Christmas stocking.  Mary really did spoil me a great deal and definitely went over and above the "deal" of the 12 items.  But I did sneak in some extras for her too!

Thank you so very much Mary for your kindness and the lovely gifts.  I will think of you as I use them and see them around my home.  It has been great to get to know you through this lovely swap.  Thank you to Jo for hosting again, I know that it is more work than it seems and I do appreciate it!

Here are my things!
















Hope you have been lucky enough to receive some lovely kindnesses this Christmas too.

Amy

33 comments:

  1. Hello Amy, what a lovely Christmas swap you have. All look so nice, but the little embroidered scissors case really won my heart. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely swap. You have some beautiful gifts. Like Patricia, I too love the scissors case. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Mary from Frugally Challenged thought she came out ahead of the game because you were so generous! Thank you! I really enjoyed the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely pack of gifts. It's a great way to meet new people & I did enjoy it last year, but ran out of puff at the end of 2016. I may join in this year. We'll see. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the swap! A bottle of win and the biscuits certainly too my eye! I do like that little scissor case, how sweet.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely Christmas swap, I was enthralled with the embroidered scissors case too, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Receiving that lovely parcel must have cheered you up no end x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Amy
    What lovely gifts. Swaps are great fun to take part in , aren't they? You 'meet' some very generous people out in Blogland!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great things in your swap parcel :-)
    I really enjoyed taking part this year too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky girl! Does it say on the bottom of the mug where it is from please? I have mug envy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely isn't it. It is from Sainsburys. Hope you can find yourself one!

      Delete
  11. Fun idea and what cute gifts you received! I gave my sister and cousin a Christmas countdown calendar. They each got a shopping bag full of 24 gifts. They would pick one a day and open it. I had as much fun getting it all together and seeing what they open as much as they did.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  12. You received some fabulous gifts. Isn't it exciting having that little parcel to open well in to the new year. Thank you for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're all lovely things (salted caramel Florentines- yum!!), I wish I'd joined the swap too. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had some lovely things Amy. I adore florentines and used to have one bought for me by my grandma as a child when we went to town - it was a special treat. Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful. You received some lovely things:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That scissor cover is real cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful collection, I want the scissor case and the quilted stocking please.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely items you received for your swap.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great gifts. I'm sure they helped cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my! What a lovely lot of thoughtful gifts. You will enjoy many all year around. The scissors cozy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many special little treats! I love the little strawberry :) xx K

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun. I'm a fan of those scissors and case too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What lovely swap gifts you received. I really like the idea of a 12 days of Christmas swap.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a lovely idea to share the joy of the Christmas season and a thoughtful collection of gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely lot of gifts you received in your 12 days of Christmas swap parcel! I love the owl and strawberry, but they are all thoughtful treats that gave you a nice surprise each day. You can continue to enjoy many of them all the year around too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my what truly lovely and thoughtful gifts! So sweet! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Amy I was listening to Radio 4 and thought of you as they are putting on Little Women as a serial next week. You might enjoy it.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. It is fun to see the sweet and clever gifts you received, Amy and celebrate the exchange of kindnesses you enjoyed! Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those are all so lovely. Jo is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by to visit and for leaving a comment, I love hearing what you have to say and I read all of your messages.

All comments are moderated, so it might take a little while for your comment to appear, but it will once I have read it!

Thank you again for visiting!

Amy xx